Sunday, June 12, 2016

Indonesian Dreaming

There have been/are a lot of things in my head that deserve attention. For example -

This week - I finished The Picture of Frances Gray and sent it out to 6, count them, 6 readers, 5 of whom were volunteers and then my sister who really doesn't have a choice (this is my adult novella - possibly the least saleable form of writing known to woman, but hey, I'm in it for the money, as we know).  And I sent out 3 sets of new poems to magazines (also, of course, for the money).

And next week - I'm off down to London to learn how to be a Royal Literary Fund Fellow, cat-sit for a friend, and work on the edits for another novel. 

But what keeps pushing to the front of my brain has nothing to do with any of that.  No, I'm thinking/dreaming/obsessing about Indonesia.  I'm going to visit family there at the end of August, which is AGES away, but this trip has nevertheless completely jumped the queue of my attention.  It's just possible I may mention it again, but in the meantime, here are a few of the images I'm giving head room to (3 of these photos are from Wikipedia, and one isn't) -









Roll on August!

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Mighty exotic! No wonder it's occupying you ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home