Saturday, May 14, 2016

From Frankendraft to First Draft


Ah, the delectable Elsa Lanchester!  Any excuse to put up a photo of her would do, but today it's because my novella (working title The Picture of Frances Gray) has lurched this week from being a Frankendraft* to being a still drafty** First Draft.  I may not be at the stage of saying with absolute confidence It's alive! but I'm certainly a tottery step closer.  Which feels like a good thing.

Next week - onwards.


* I can't remember where I first came across the term Frankendraft for that conglomeration of random parts that novels begin as for many writers, me among them.  Whoever coined it, though, thank you!

** because of all the holes.  See what I did there ...

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Frankendraft ... new one on me, but I like it! I shall now use it at every possible opportunity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home