Saturday, April 16, 2016

Kneeling in Gravel, and General Mossiness

When I went away on my writing week, I took my camera, my walking boots, and a firm resolve that THIS time, I would get out there and do some walking ...

Well, I blame the weather.  And the writing, which filled up all the moments, including the rare and brief sunny ones.  But I did become mildly obsessed with trying to photograph moss on the stones outside my door.  Moss in the rain.  Moss after the rain.  Moss before the next rain.  Unfortunately, to get down to their level, I had to kneel in the gravel.  Which is why I struggled to get a sharp focus.  (That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.)  But even slightly blurred, the mosses were beautiful.

Enjoy.






4 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger Mavis said...

Sorry about the knees but I think it was worth it for such a lovely collection of photographs.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Susan Price said...

Moss is beautiful, isn't it? There are tiny forests, flower gardens and meadows down there.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Worlds in miniature indeed :-) Love your pics. Love your poems. Love your books. Please tell me there is something you are pants at!

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Let's start the list with getting out for walks! A couple of sleeping cats are not quite the same motivators that your sleek whippets are!
Thanks all for kind comments - Moss Lovers United!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home