Sunday, November 02, 2014

Unpack the Metaphor


Okay, that's me, impinging into the picture on the left.  Utterly focused - on the trail of, er, something - dressed with effortless elegance (no change there, then) - and in the wrong place at the wrong time.  And that's how I feel right now.  I'm doing re-writes.  HUGELY IMPORTANT, are re-writes.  I absolutely believe that to be true.  They're like, you know, the wedding.  (Work with me here.)  But what I have in my mind is a new novel, so far consisting of no more than a couple of scribbled notes and a lot of swirling ideas in my brain.  And that's what my gorgeously-hatted head is irresistibly drawn to.

No! NO! Wedding first - new novel second!  Freeze frame, right?

But very soon now, I'll be letting that small gargoyle loose and then, what larks!  

4 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger Mavis said...

Sounds awesome. Looking forward to another adventure from you.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Christine Findlay said...

Just love that hat! Obviously a very necessary accoutrement to hold in all those ideas until it's time to let them loose. And then . . .

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Sue Purkiss said...

looking forward to the larks!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Gill Arbuthnott said...

Oh, I know the torture of 'I should be doing this, but I really, really want to do that...'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home