Friday, July 22, 2011

That Was the Week That Wasn't

Some weeks nothing you want works out.

Don't worry, I'm not going to make a list of all the things that didn't happen for me.

(But if I WERE to make such a list it would have to include NOT sleeping through the night, NOT ONCE, probably due to some anachronistic Calvanistic monkey gene in my brain that says "Those who cross the Atlantic in one night must be punished" ... to which gene I would reply "I've already BEEN punished! Where were you when I got sat beside the woman who oozed over onto my seat with her bottom, monopolized the "shared" armrest, poked me repeatedly with her specially-sharpened elbows, and wore so much perfume I swear she should have been required to buy it its own ticket? Eh? Eh?")

But, no, no list, because I'm busy trying to rise above it all. This is a picture of me doing just that.



And in the spirit of tinsel, here are a couple of things that DID happen:

I had an interview on YA Book Reads - thanks!

And I blogged on Kindle Authors uK about The Diary from the Rim - in which I talk about Kindling and covers in a cheerful fashion.

So will next week be better? I certainly hope so. Otherwise, my next post may have to be titled "The Fortnight of Despair" and NOBODY wants that.

Cheers, Joan.

3 Comments:

At 4:02 AM, Blogger Ms. Yingling said...

What a nice interview! I am disappointed that so few of your books are available in the US. My school hasn't gotten to the point yet where we can loan out a Kindle, but when we do I will have to have one devoted to UK authors who aren't available in hard copy over here. Hope the week gets better.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

And what a nice comment! Thank you - and if Monday is anything to go on, this week is definitely an improvement over last, because I'm writing, and that's the stuff that makes me feel better. Who knows, maybe what the US has been waiting for from me IS a sci-fi/Stone Age story for 8-12's ...!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger TRABAJO ARTESANO said...

En esta ocasión exponemos en este blog las fotografías de algunos trabajos de nuestra amiga Maria de Valladolid.

Estas obras no dejan indiferente a nadie pues es capaz de plasmar el mundo que nos rodea de una manera artística y distinta. Cada obra que se hace puede ser un modelo único o de una tirada muy reducida de unidades.

Si queréis comprar alguna de sus obras o hacer alguna consulta podéis hacerlo a través del correo electrónico retrat_arte@yahoo.es

 

Post a Comment

<< Home