Saturday, September 17, 2016

Swallows and a Tin/Ten Anniversary




a) I'm missing Indonesia, but the swallows gathering on the wires out the front window are quite comforting.

b) I started blogging exactly 10 years ago, on 17 Sept. 2006.  If my blog and I were married, this would be our tin anniversary.  That's what wikipedia says, any way, though I wonder if there's just a misspelling of ten.

c) I see my first students as an official RLF Fellow at Dundee University on Monday - wish us luck!


6 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Mavis said...

Best of luck, Joan, although you won'r need it, you'll be brilliant as always. Our little Islay wrting group still talk about the day you spent with us.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

We had fun, didn't we - and good writing ensued!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Gill Arbuthnott said...

Congratulations on a long and happy relationship!

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Sue Purkiss said...

Good luck! It'll probably be very quiet to start off with, so take some work to do...

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Susan Price said...

Sue's right about the quietness at the start.
If you want to be busy, my advice is: get an email sent out to the whole university saying that you will provide one-to-one help with improving essay writing. Once I managed to persuade the uni I was at to do this, I was beseiged by students. But the start of the year and the end are always quiet.
You'll be a great RLF, Joan. You're a terrific writer, you're warm, witty, understanding. I think you'll have a great time.

Another piece of advice - if you have any problems, get straight on to the RLF. Don't be like me and try and tough it out yourself. The uni will just stone-wall you. But David and Steve will sort it out in no time.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Thanks for good advice! It's been great so far!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home