Saturday, February 10, 2018

Swedish Fika for Me

Next week I am doing a whirlwind day of events at Bladins International School in Malmo* in Sweden.  I am trying to memorise the important words and phrases, such as Thank You, Where is Bladins? and I am allergic to pepper (the seasoning).**  But I am already fluent in the most important word of all - fika.  Coffee and cake and chat.  What more do you need, to make the world a better place?


* I don't know how to show umlauts, so you'll just have to imagine them in the appropriate places.
** Tack, Var ar Bladins, Jag ar allergisk mot peppar.  Goggle translate never lies, right?

5 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger Penny Dolan said...

Joan, that songs just such lovely fun! Good wishes for your Swedish adventures and send my regards to Pippi if you see her.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Thanks, Penny - not all North is Noir!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Cinnamon buns and chocolate balls and shookies! Enjoy!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I remember you coming to Sweden to visit my school. I read some of your books and I love them. Hope you had a great time in Sweden!

P.S. I also want to be a writer and you helped me because I never finish books I write and imagining a picture and asking questions about it worked!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Hi Sally - I'm glad you liked the books and want to be a writer. Keep at it, and when you are famous, I will say I met you at your school!
P.S. My absolute favourite Swedish pastry was semla - YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home