Saturday, December 23, 2017

Bus Station Surprise

Over the last few years I have been using buses to get to and from work at University of Dundee where I'm an RLF Fellow.  So, Dundee Bus Station has become pretty familiar.  But St Andrews Bus Station - not so much.  Not at all, really, until someone mentioned to someone who mentioned to me that I had a poem up there!  And I do!  



Amazing!  I remember vaguely submitting something last year to the Stanza Graffiti scheme.  I remember looking around St Andrews at one point and not seeing it up, and shrugging it off.  And there it was, all along, hanging out at the Bus Station!

Let's hear it for public transport and, while we're at it, public poetry - and Happy Christmas to all who sail in them!

3 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger Penny Dolan said...

What a delight to come across the poem displayed like this, in such a visible, public place - and there to be read by anybody waiting. Lucky to hear and have such a nice surprise but I do feel the organisers could have let you know too. But, hey-ho, now you've seen it, so a Good Thing!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Mavis said...

What a lovely surprise - hope there are many more similar ones in 2018. xx from Mavis and Richard.

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Nellissima said...

A bit of Joan Lennon in a bus station could make any bus journey worthwhile! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home