Saturday, February 13, 2016

Challenging Challenges; or, How to Have Fun on a Cold February Weekend

I have a couple of challenges to brighten my weekend - one from my Patron of Reading school Queensferry Primary, and one from the Off the Rails Arthouse.  

The QPS challenge is one I courageously suggested myself, as part of the school's upcoming week-long celebration of World Book Day.  (That school never does anything by halves!)  I said, "Why don't you have each class send me a word - any word - and I'll write a story that includes them all and then I could read it to everybody at the assembly?"  Well, my words have arrived, and they're humdingers!  There are 14, and they include words like photosynthesis, numpty, caterpillar, Mrs Fourarms, Scandinavia, pony, and 8 more.  No problem ...

The Off the Rails Arthouse challenge is to write a poem in response to a selection of photographs of "People Eating".  I chose this one -



I checked with my History Girls buddies for a date and, unfailing as always, the experts gave me their verdict, based on the young women's hair and clothes (and the young man's trousers) - 1919.  Just the date is a poem in itself.

I hope your weekend has some creative stuff in it too - now it's time for me to go get stuck in - 

3 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Susan Price said...

Please post the story for us to read when you've written it!

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Sure - after the world premiere!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Yes we definitely want to read it! Love those word choices ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home