Saturday, December 01, 2012

Fine Farlin Photos at the Mid-Point (Take Two)


 The Farlin Project* is pretty much at its midway point now between Shetland's Wordplay Festival and Fife's StAnza Poetry Festival,** and these great photos of the interim exhibit at Bonhoga Gallery just arrived in my inbox, so I decided to share.  Sarah Riley and I have been throwing the theme of "Hands" back and forth between our disciplines (artist and poet) and now we've added a third one - translator!  Sarah and her mum and some other family members have been turning my poems into Burra, one of the Shetland dialects.  The results are amazing!  The only down side is that I'm starting to really like their versions better than mine ...  There will be more on this development in the New Year.

 
* The Farlin Project is a joint venture of poets and artists from Shetland and Fife, dreamt up by the fine folk of Shetland Arts and Fife Contemporary Art and Craft.

** If you like to plan ahead, the programme for StAnza, 6-10 March 2013, has just gone online here.  Great stuff!

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Apologies for the sizing on the photos - they just didn't want to go smaller.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Whereas what I should have been apologizing for was the photos showing too big on my computer and not at all on everyone else's! I'm still struggling to control Dropbox, is my excuse. Thank you, Mavis, for flagging this up!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger madwippitt said...

this looks intriguing ... and all those words captured in glass cases like butterflies or Sutton Hoo treasures!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Neat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home