Sunday, September 18, 2011

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

If I learned anything (and indeed I learned a lot) from yesterday's Society of Authors conference - Information and Inspiration: Everything a Writer Needs - it is that there isn't any single answer, any single way forward. Skilled, imaginative, innovative juggling is what is called for - or perhaps something a little like this ...



Yes. That's my model. What's yours?

P.S. Group Blogs Are Good - one of the messages of the conference. Find me on Girls Heart Books!
P.P.S. Telling About All Events - another thing we're supposed to do. So ...
I had a story (Dissidents and Distilleries) read aloud at the White Rabbit "Are You Sitting Comfortably?" event at the Byre Theatre, St Andrews - fabulous!
I did an author visit at Uphall Primary School - 97 delightful kids and 3 fab teachers - outstanding!
I'm going to be away over next weekend, so I'm setting up another delight for you in my absence - enjoy!

6 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Lindsey Fraser said...

Is that Viktor Borge (or something spelling variation on that)? Brilliant! And a fantastic illustration of the joys of collaborative communication. Thank you (and Viktor, if that is indeed the man himself...)for cheering me up.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Lindsey Fraser said...

I appear to have added an unnecessary thing. Sorry about that.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Lari Don said...

This the third time I've tried to comment on your blog, but google keeps stopping me... Third time lucky I hope. In fact I was lucky enough to sit beside Joan at yesterday's conference, and while I'm very disappointed she didn't play the piano like that, she was a reassuring presence on a fairly scary day. But just hold onto this thought - whatever shape the book is, it still needs a writer to write it! (My thoughts on yesterday's conference are less musical, but you can find them at: http://laridon.co.uk/blog/ )

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Lindsey - yes, he's the man! But what was the unnecessary thing you added? Can't see it ...
Lari - what a nuisance, but thanks for persevering! And on with the books!

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Emma Barnes said...

Fabulous Joan!

I'm not very good at telling about events either. But I've just done one at Salt's Mill, Saltaire and I'm doing another at Waterstones, Leeds on Saturday - so now I've told you!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Gill Arbuthnott said...

Now on my fourth attempt to leave a comment - thankyou google. the piano clip is awesome - where did you find it. If only all collaborations worked that well!
And that's your first blog of the week written, so only another two to go...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home