Sunday, February 06, 2011

The Yuck Behind My Face


Sinusitis. What a pain. Though I must say, on her it looks good. I suspect bubonic plague would look good on her too, of course. Some people just don't know how to get sick properly. Doesn't she realise you're supposed to go blotchy and have huge frown/squint lines and snap at your children lots? And, for no good reason, gain weight. It's probably the volume of yuck I'm storing behind my face - and that's a thought that should just put me off my tea.

I was in the kitchen, moaning my inability to write when I felt like this. "What purpose do sinuses serve, anyway?" I wailed.

"They're designed to equalize the pressure in your head so your brain won't explode," a son explained.

"But mine are full of yuck!"

"Oh dear," said the son, and retreated briskly.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

You are the funniest person on earth -- especially when poorly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home