Saturday, January 08, 2011

The Jessie Kesson Fellowship


Looks gorgeous, doesn't it? And see the cottage on the left? That's going to be mine, for March 2011, to write in!

As a Jessie Kesson Fellow at Moniack Mohr, I'll be spending one day a week doing workshops in local schools as well as an adult workshop on one of the centre's Partnership days and a reading at a ceilidh. And the rest of the time - peace and quiet and the company of a wood-burning stove ... So much of Jessie Kesson's writing is set in this beautiful area of Scotland and I will have the same astonishing landscape to inspire me.

I can't wait!

Of course, if you wanted an accurate image for my time there, you'd probably need to cover up all the green in the picture with several feet of snow ... So, pack my thesaurus, the Work(s) In Progress and several layers of long underwear, and I'm set.

Happy New Year! Joan.

1 Comments:

At 3:42 AM, Blogger Lindsey Fraser said...

I'll see you there! You are one lucky person...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home