Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bannockburn (Poetry) Battle


Here are the results for the OFF THE STANZA POETRY COMPETITION, announced during An Evening of Poetry with Magi Gibson at Bannockburn Library:

1st - Kate Blackadder (Edinburgh)
2nd - Jean Taylor (Edinburgh)
3rd - Nick Boreham (Stirling)

Highly commended were Freny Olbrich (Dollar), Lesley Harrison (Orkney), Robert Richie (Stirling), Catherine Graham (Newcastle on Tyne) ... and me. But in spite of not achieving absolute glory, I had a really good evening. We were a very interesting bunch of poets - I think we did the Bannockburn librarians, the Bannockburn Study Group and our very respectably sized audience proud. I love reading aloud, even though I invariably turn beetroot when I do it. Though, in retrospect, I wonder if the chain mail and the horse was a mistake ...

Congratulations to the winners! To see a photo of those of us who were able to come to read on the night, click here.

Cheers, Joan.

1 Comments:

At 4:59 AM, Blogger Ray said...

Like the roses need the rain. Like the poet needs the pain. We can't live without sharing.thanks for your awesome blog.Best regards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home