Saturday, September 11, 2010

Steampunk


There are two reasons I've been thinking about steampunk this week. One is Slightly Jones. I've been spending so much time in her world it's starting to bleed over into every new story idea I get. That's the good reason. The not-so-good-reason that my dreams - and my waking thoughts - seem to be unnecessarily full of boiling steam and clanky crushy giant gears is ... IRC.

Impending Root Canal.


My ancient mother had one last year and when I asked her in fear and trembling what it was like she said, "Well, I remember wondering what the fuss was all about." Us steampunk types KNOW what the fuss is all about. Infernal engines. In our mouths. Fussing has nothing to do with it.

Think of me on Tuesday.

Joan.

P.S. Think of me on Thursday evening as well. I've been short-listed for the Off the Stanza Poetry Competition and I and my mutilated mouth would really love to do well!

2 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Lindsey Fraser said...

please preface such photographs with a WARNING! in future.

And congratulations on the poetry competition!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Sorry Lindsey! It is a bit horrifying, isn't it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home