Saturday, March 07, 2009

High-Tech Gadgets That Detect Magic

Google Alert has come through with flying colours yet again - another of those things I would never have stumbled on by myself has dropped into my Inbox this morning. The site is called "High-Tech Gadgets That Detect Magic" and there, in amongst Ghostbusters, Star Trek and Sabrina the Teenage Witch is ... Questors!

The Dragon Detector from Questors by Joan Lennon. In Lennon's fantasy novel, our hero Bryn has a gadget called a "dragon detector" which gives off an awful noise when the dragon Dagrod comes near it. As Bryn explains to Dagrod, "Apparently you give off a sort of radiation, and if I wanted to know if you were around, or coming closer, or something, this would tell me..."

I love it! Not perhaps for the deathless prose being quoted, but look at the company I'm in!

There you go - a day that looked like it was going to be just another post-school-event headache fest has just got a whole lot better - thank you Google Alert and the fine folk who made the Gadget site!

Cheers, Joan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home