Sunday, October 22, 2006

Just Some of the Things They Hate About Me ...

I’ve spent the last three days collating the editing of the British version of Questors with what is going to be the American version of Questors, and discovering all over again the many and wonderful things editors hate about the way I write. British editors, for example, hate my commas, but don’t mind my italics. American editors don’t mind my commas, but can’t stand my italics. Nobody’s what you’d call crazy about all those ellipses and dashes I use - and everybody loathes the way I sometimes break out into double punctuation – what can I be thinking of?!

I don’t know. I just don’t know …

But the good news is, THE NEW IMPROVED WEB SITE’S UP AND RUNNING!! Feel free to go have a look see –
www.joanlennon.co.uk - and be prepared to be amazed. Much pain and anguish went into getting it this far, but they tell me my husband won’t have that twitch forever.

Suddenly my days of editing don’t seem so tough!

Cheers, Joan.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger Davus said...

The new website is deffinetly good... now all you need is some ominous music in the background. I could provide this if you want, I have learnt and learnt well the prime rule of sinister-ness making: The longer the note, the more sinister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home