Monday, October 09, 2006

Ooops, I didn't do it!

I'm sorry. I know I said I'd post something while I was in Canada, but, in fact, I was having too much fun with my mum, who is well for the first time in a long time, out of pain, and trundling around with her walker like a happy steam train. If steam trains are very short and cute. I wanted her to name her walker Pegasus, or maybe Boudicca, with swirling blades on the wheels, but she prefers Daisy. Oh well.

I did my first phone interview yesterday (about Questors) with a lovely woman called Anita, for Writing Magazine. It went well, I think, except that I kept forgetting it wasn't just a conversation and kept asking her questions about herself, her kids, her grandkids ... We'll see what she made of me in the January issue. It was a very gentle introduction to the cut and thrust world of journalism, and I'm grateful!

Hey, I just discovered that I can comment on the comments in the, um, comment section. So I can respond to things people say. Well, you probably knew that already, but I'm the newbie here.

I have to go now and write 75 words for the back cover of Ely Plot. I've seen an early version of the artwork for the front cover and it's excellent. As soon as I get the go-ahead, I'll print it up for you to see.

Cheers, Joan. (And now I'm back, I'll be good and post often. Promise.)

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Actually, I've just discovered you can see the cover for Ely Plot on Amazon already! I don't know if it's the final version, but it looks pretty good!

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Okay, so far there's good feedback on the Deleted Scenes idea - though not everybody I asked has blogged their answers, so you'll just have to take my word for it. Now it's time for me to get off the Comment bit and get on to the Posting bit ... See you there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home