Sunday, October 13, 2019

Several Delicate Flowers


Charles Rennie Mackintosh Sea Pink - Holy Island (1901)
(wiki commons)

Why am I thinking about delicate flowers?  Because I've just had my flu jab and it is being brought home to me, once again, that I am a delicate flower.  An image of me feeling sorry for myself is not all that entertaining, however, so instead I give you Charles Rennie Mackintosh's Sea Pink, which I have a copy of on the wall behind my desk.  What I didn't know, though, was the full title, which is Sea Pink - Holy Island, which is where I was with Jamie not that many weeks ago.  If I had known, I would have tried for a photograph of Holy Island Sea Pink, but I didn't.  So here's the castle instead.


Kind of the opposite of delicate flowers, which is my plan for next week.  Less pink and more epic endeavour.  

2 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Penny Dolan said...

Such a lovely place, and drawing, One of my favoutire artists,

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Andrew Preston said...

Love Mackintosh's work. As a student, I shared a flat in the street where he lived for many years. [Southpark Avenue, Glasgow]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home