Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wow! 366 Launch




Earlier this summer I was in London with my younger two (see post 05 July 2008) and as we left the Natural History Museum at closing time, a bunch of dressed-up people were coming in, and one guy said to the guard (all snooty-like, in my opinion) "I'm here for the event."


It's good to have ambitions. "A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a top shelf for?" as the poet said. And at that moment, I had one - the desire to be saying,"I'm here for the event." It wouldn't be snooty when I said it. Oh no. Just calmly important, like the calm, important person I am (would be) (wished I were).

Fast forward to 8 September - the London Museum of Transport - Callum (author - see p. 443 of Wow! 366) and I clutching our blue postcard-like invites to the Wow! 366 Launch Party - the longed for words hovering on my lips - and then ...

I said it. I said, "We're here for the event." Nobody actually cared, of course. I think anybody waving a vaguely blue postcard would have got in. But it felt good. It really did.

Cheers, Joan.

Callum and his mum, thinking, "I can't believe they let us in!"



Taking pictures of the famous people from bus top.

5 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger joan said...

Hi Joan, this is Joan Lennon, now Joan Meehan for the past 27 years, hello for now!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger joan said...

Nice to make your acquaintance, Joan

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger joan said...

see above

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger joan said...

....

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger joan said...

,,,,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home