Sunday, June 22, 2008

Glasgow West End Festival




I did two events at the Glasgow West End Festival this week, one on The Wickit Chronicles and one on The Seventh Tide. It made for an early start, but I didn't have to suffer alone - I'm still not supposed to be lifting anything heavy, so I'd roped my son Jamie into coming with me to carry my props. I also gave him the job of taking pictures. This proved to be more of a challenge than I'd realised. Apparently I'm always in motion. Demented might be the best word. Even the ones he got in focus suggest that I was in fact doing karaoke ...

There were some nice pictures of the kids - who were great, both morning and afternoon groups - intent, engaged, fun - but I need to get permission from the schools first before printing them. The rules on this vary from one school to the next, but they are all worried about safety and you need to check before each event whether photography is allowed or not. Sad, but understandable.

I'm off to London this week, so there'll be no posting next weekend - come back the weekend after, though, and I'll do my best not to bore you with holiday snaps ...

Cheers, Joan.

P.S. Many thanks to Teresa Lowe for organising the events and also for being exceptionally nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home