Sunday, June 04, 2017

Take it Away, Queensferry Primary School!

Six weeks ago I had a great day at Queensferry Primary School where I am Patron of Reading.  I was talking with 4 classes of P6 and P7 pupils about How to Grow a Book, the book being Walking Mountain.  We talked about the long and winding road from the first few scribbles through first draft, second draft, gazillionth draft, editing, maps, covers, all the way to this, the proof copy (though minus the cat):



Then I gave them a challenge.  

"I'm putting you in charge of the launch."

We talked about what that might include (whipped cream mountain sculptures, inviting the Queen and Barack Obama, renting a bouncy castle were only a few of the fabulous ideas).  And tomorrow, I will find out what they - and their teachers! - decided to go with.

I absolutely can't wait!  Pictures will follow! 



(We've been able to get hold of advance copies for this special event - the rest of you will need to contain yourselves in patience till June 15th.)

1 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Sue Purkiss said...

Very interested to hear what they come up with!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home