Saturday, February 08, 2014

Plague Never Looked So Good

Two weeks in a stately home on the site of a 13th century leprosy/plague hospital?  Bliss!

I've just heard that I've been accepted for a Hospitalfield House Interdisciplinary Residency, from 23rd April to 7 May, to focus on a poetry project with exciting options to collaborate with the other inmates.  (I'm just not comfortable with calling them practitioners - the word suggests it should be followed by of the evil arts to me - not sure why.) 

I've pulled a few photos off the internet to show you, but rest assured I will be taking my camera with me -





(from Wikipedia)




(from Conferences uk)




(from Wall Street Journal (!))

Didn't I say February was going to be good?

6 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Penny Dolan said...

That sounds like bliss!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger madwippitt said...

It looks fabulous! Looking forward to seeing the pics. Will there be stately wipitts running round?

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Linda Cracknell said...

congratulations!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Thanks! Me, grinning from now till April!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Gill Arbuthnott said...

How fantastic - congratulations! Who could fail to come up with something wonderful in those surroundings (so no pressure at all then...) Will you have a lady's maid supplied too?

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Ah, yes, someone to fold my taffeta frock ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home