Saturday, February 08, 2020

Fair Isle 1

I made it.  Unbelievable.  I don't believe it, any way, sitting here watching the waves crash over rocks taller than houses.  I was on that water, 48 hours ago, in a tiny, tiny boat.  Thank goodness for seatbelts, is all I can say - and seasickness pills!  

I tried to take some photos of the shore, but the wind buffets you about so much I couldn't get anything in focus, so instead, here are some (I think) Maritime Sunburst Lichen, growing in a comparatively calm dip in the land.




Somehow I think I'll have no shortage of big waves to photograph in the weeks ahead ...

4 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Mavis said...

I'm envious - one of the few islands I haven't visited.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Congratulations on getting there! It’ll be grand!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Just found you after Vivian posted the photo of you with the children. I'll be following with much anticipation as I'll arrive for a month at the end of April. It's been 13 years since I've been to that little isle and that was just for a day. Have a WONDERFUL stay, but I know you will!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Thanks all! Definitely starting to find my feet now and gales are part of the experience ... here's wishing you calmer weather come May, Jean!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home