Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Fernery (Hospitalfield 4)







The light was so different again yesterday - and so different from the last time I was here in March (and here) as well.  The pinks and greens and grays managed to be washed out and vivid at the same time - and doesn't that broken pipe look like an elephant's trunk?  One of the bigger ferneries in the Lake District actually used to have resident alligators to enrich the illusion of being in a far away rain forest.  One of my colleagues left me this as a next-best thing - 



Sleep is in short supply, partly because it is so hard to turn the brain off when the days are so intense, and partly because, with the best will in the world, it is impossible to be fairy-footed in a house this old.  So I told myself today could be a prose day, editing that needs to be done but uses less stressing skills.  And then I sat down and started writing poetry ... 

Plans?  Not so much.



P.S.  Yesterday I was also over on Girls Heart Books getting excited by photos I so wish I could have taken!



3 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Loving these pics!

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Christine Findlay said...

I can see some of these inmages stimulating all sorts of stories. Love them.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Gill Arbuthnott said...

These are absolutely lovely. I wish I could take decent photos...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home