Saturday, June 22, 2013

Noodling round Norwich

On Monday I was in Norwich for the official launch of the 26 Norwich Writers project - it was a lovely event, with thanks to Chris Gribble of the Norwich Writers' Centre and our own Sara Sheridan, John Simmons and Elise Valmorbida.  I've blogged about this project a bit:

Me and Miss Martineau

One (in Eight), Two, and an Emphatic Three

Norwich - Gloriously Grey

(Okay, AND on The History Girls AND An Awfully Big Blog Adventure - it's a great project!)

I'd planned to be doing some intensive art-gallerying until the launch in the evening, but Monday's a closing day for lots of things and instead I just noodled about the place, taking photos, happy as a hawk on a ledge.
   














P.S. This blog was meant to introduce the all-singing all-dancing 26 Norwich Writers project website, but technology intervened, as it is wont to do, and there's been a slight delay.  Rest assured I will be jumping up and down and going wa-hoo to alert you the moment it goes live.

P.P.S.  The first photo is of Jasmine, a Harris hawk who is part of Norwich's pigeon control programme.  She doesn't eat them - she just sits there and they scarper.

P.P.P.S.  And the last photo is of peregrine falcon fledglings - they were sitting approximately a mile up the Norwich Cathedral spire and this was the best my camera zoom could do!

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger madwippitt said...

You answered my question before I had achance to reach for the keyboard - about Jasmine! How exciting to see the peregrines too. Its amazing how wildlife finds opportunities to thrive amidst us selfish planet hogging humans. Love the pics; those flints are amazing.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Thank you - but I think I can still do better - I think I should go back again - in fairness to the flints, you understand ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home