Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pots and Poets




This time last week I was in the Art Gallery in York being bowled over by two exhibitions - one was a collection of ceramic sculptures by the potter Gordon Baldwin, and the second was an exhibition of pots and sculptures that had influenced him, which is, I think you will agree, a pretty neat idea.  I didn't know anything about him before, not being up on my modern pots - or any other kind of pot later than Grooved Ware, if I'm honest.  Have a look at the video - I know it's a bit long, but he's a fascinating guy and has some really interesting things to say about creativity ...


And if any of you are within striking distance of Edinburgh on Sunday, please come and hear some poetry!  Reading at Shore Poets will be Robert Crawford, Martin MacIntyre, and me.  Here are the details and it would be lovely to see you there!

Cheers, Joan.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Sue Purkiss said...

Hope the poetry reading went well, Joan!

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Thanks - I had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home