Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sharp-eyed Sheep and an Open Mic


This is a post in two parts.

For the first - please click here for a wonderful post by Leila Rasheed. Above is her photo of a sheep which I really like, even though it isn't exactly the sharp-eyed end.

For the second - I've been thinking about an informal poetry reading I was part of one evening on Islay the week before last. It was in my hosts' sitting room with a fine view out over the evening bay and across to the square white lighthouse of the Oa. Why do I keep forgetting how much I like poetry? Writing it, listening to it, reading it out loud? I don't know. I'm going to try to get back into poetry properly. I really am. Writing it, submitting it - and I'm going to try to find some Open Mic evenings and stand up and read it.

See if I don't. Though perhaps that should be, See, if I don't, could you just boot me gently in my poetical posterior.

Cheers, Joan.
P.S. Anyone who knows about Open Mic opportunities within an evening's travelling distance of Fife, please give me a shout.

1 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Sorry Leila - I can't figure why the photos on my post keep being so much too big! To see this picture properly, right click on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home