Sunday, November 01, 2009

Girton, the Fitzwilliam and Slightly Jones

Girton College Cambridge in the 1890s - that and the Fitzwilliam Museum are the places I need to know about for the third Slightly Jones Mystery (working title: The Case of the Cambridge Mummy). And I need to get a move on writing it because ...

One of the problems of writing a series is if the publisher wants to put an excerpt from the next book at the end of the preceding one. So before Book 1, say, can be considered finished, Book 2 must be finished too, for the extract to be accurate. Hence the need for me to get Book 3 finished (and indeed, started) in order for Book 2 to be.

And that's what I'm doing. Getting on with Book 3. And that's why I need to know everything there is to know about 1890s Cambridge generally* and Girton and the Fitzwilliam specifically.**

I feel a research trip coming on ...

Cheers, Joan.

P.S. Please - if anyone out there knows stuff about * and ** - get in touch. The weirder the better!

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Lynne the Pencil said...

Hi Joan - we are going to be staying at the Kings Lodge in Durham at the same time, for the NCBF, so I thought I'd look in to say 'hello'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home